Words from the mouth of a babe

Scenario 1:-

Aghoo and amma are eating leftover chicken curry and dosai for dinner.

Aghoo is licking her chicken curry and generally liking it ( kala tikka!!) .

Aghoo : " Amma I like your mummum"
Amma: " o thank you kutta.. what do you like"
Aghoo : " Dis Chicken, noonles ( noodles) , uppa( upma). rasa mumum, dosai ,illi ( idli), pasta"

Amma is feeling a bit smug that little baby likes her cooking and can even verbalize it. Feels good .

She continues..
Aghoo :" Water (!!) , canny ( candy), straw berries (!)"

Amma: But baby, I dont make those at home...

Aghoo: I like them amma

Bubble BURST!

Scenario 2:-

Aghoo and I are playing with bubbles in the balcony.I notice that her little inflatable pool is filthy. Since summer is coming anyway, I decide to clean it. I take it upstairs and start to clean it in the bath tub.

I am wearing my hip belt- so that my back ache doesn't flare up.

Aghoo:- " Amma, yen clean panra?"
Amma" -" bcos Aghoo cant swim in a yaya ( dirty) illa kanna"
Aghoo " yen belt potiruke?"
Amma " bcos yenaku muggu ow ( mudhu vali) varumla kanna adhan"

After a little while, she walks over to me   and spontaneously kisses my shoulder and says " thank you  amma".. :) I think these are little bits of heaven that we need to take us through the many years of toddler tantrums..:)

Then a little later she asks me, " amma nee yen lots of work panra? Iya( Aghoo) work panaliye"

Amma :- "bcos you are a little baby kanna. When I was a baby in amma palya/ daddy thathas home, I did not do any work either. I just had to eat, go to school and sleep"

Aghoo:- " Appa naanum big girl aagi lot of work pannanuma?"

Amma :- Sadly " yes kanna.. nee big girl aanapram, when you have your own house and baby, neeyum work pannuve"

Aghoo :- " so babies lam mumum, school, thacha (sleep), pee pee, brush, thu thuppi ( rinsing mouth) and poo poo pannanuma?"

ROTFL at her list of baby chores..

Scenario 3:-

I have a new phone from my company.My old Iphone4 had a yellow cover and the new one has a black cover.

Aghoo:- Amma, yellow phone yennachu?

Amma:- Yellow phone thatha ku thara poren. I have a new black phone now.

Aghoo :- NOO! nee vaichiru.. Iya big girl aagi yellow phone yeduthupen..

Little later..

Aghoo " amma, nee yellow phone thatha ku kudu.Big girl aagi naan unnoda new black phone yeduthukaren"

speech less!

1 comments:

MK said...

absolutely love "thu thuppi" ..hahahahahahahhaa

Post a Comment