Kids say the darnest things

Aghoonoosh is a full blown  preschooler! Sometimes she blows me away with her insight. Sometimes she tests my patience with her typical 3 year old tantrums.


Every day , I get ready , brush her teeth comb her hair( since dada finds it very difficult to make kudumis :)) and hand her off to HD for breakfast/shower and drop off at school.
I am usually rushing through my coffee and getting my lunch ready when dada makes her breakfast. Every since day, whether she is in the middle of a game with dada or talking to her thatha or having a tantrum, when I say bye she asks " coffee kudichiya ma?".How does she know that it makes my day?

Yesterday , when I was picking her up from school, one of her friends mom was carrying her friend. She tells me " yella babies mommy yum carry panra.. nee mattum carry panradhey illama". She knows I don't carry her because of my bad back. This of course melted my heart and I carried her for a little bit.Little madam understood that this technique works. She came home and I asked her to drink her milk , she says "yella babies mommy yum cookie thara school lendu home poi.. nee mattum thara matengara" . Smarty pants! She says it with such an earnest look too!

I was trying to get her to finish up her milk ( the bane of my existence!) and I told her-when I was small, I used to come home from school and finish all the milk akka palya ( the akka in our house) used to give me in one big gulp. She asks "yen? where did your mommy go?" . So, I was honest and told her, my mommy was working . She thought for a while and asked me " where did your dada go?" #stumped!


She LOVES her books. The one bribe that will get her to finish her night time milk- if I tell her that I will ready 2 books that day instead of one! I am so happy she has inherited the love of books ( from me ;)). She even sleep with her favorite books next to her. She  pretends to read them to her toys- too funny to watch!

We took her to Tahoe2 weekends ago with our friends and Chitha/chithi. Agnoosh had so much fun in the snow :). She was waiting for penguins to come out though- which of course did not happen :)

This weekend , we are taking her to Disney with ava/achu and chitha/chithi. She is so excited to meet Mickey/Goofy/Minnie and the princesses. She keeps asking - " Amma Disney ku yenna dress podalam? Amma Mickey pesuma yenta? Amma Mickey kadikuma (!!) ? Amma Mickey yennoda book yeduthukuma? Amma, can we take the pincesh ( princess) book to Disney?"

Love you my littlest !

1 comments:

MK said...

OMG I enjoyed this post sooooooo muchhhh that I read it 10 times in a row...heyy you guys have a wonderful wonderful trip ...and I am soooooo looking forward to see the pictures.Have a blast Daisy,

Post a Comment