Books

Books and reading are very very important to me. My parents cultivated a reading habit in me and my sister and it continues to date.If we ever wanted to buy a book, no matter how pricey it was or even if it was something that we would never read, my parents have never refused to buy it for us.

I remember in my 10th std holidays, I discovered a small library that was quiet far away from home. I remember taking my bicycle there everyday of my summer holidays and discovering various books- I was heavily into Erich Segal . It started with my mom introducing me to " love story" - I was completely obsessed with him and tried to read all his books .I also devoured Agatha Christie and Jane Austen . I also fell into the Mills and Boon trap and was reading them fervently.Fun times!

When I was even younger , around 8 or so, I think I started reading Enid Blyton books.What a fun author!! The Five find outers, Famous five, Secret seven, magic faraway tree! Wow. Sis/ me and 2 of my neighborhood kids used to pretend that we were the fabulous four :) We would go into a small shed behind our house - where we would meet and drink lemonade and biscuits- just like the books.We did  just that and solved no mysteries unfortunately...We even had a password that you had to utter to get into the shed.We made poor baby sis stand outside because she did not know the "secret password" ;)

Then I graduated to the world of St. Clares and Mallory towers- wow.. mid night feasts and pranks. I used to love dreaming about such fun boarding schools :)

Once I went to college- I was introduced to John Grisham and Sidney sheldon- I didnt have too many people to exchange books with and our college library was a joke.!

My reading habit slowly dwindled and I started reading less and less over the past few recent years.

HD bought me a kindle fire for our anniversary and I am back with a bang!! Have been checking out 5 books every two weeks from our local library and voraciously reading them.The added comfort of being able to check books out from the comfort of my bed on my kindle and have them delivered instantly - ah! bliss!

I will do a post on all the recent books I have read shortly and one about my Aghoo's favorite books. She, to my delight, seems to be obsessed with books just like me!!


1 comments:

MK said...

lol at the mills and boon..and enid blyton books make one hungry,don't they???the faraway tree!!!the land of cakes,candies..OMG!!!!
I might be in my 30s but i secretly wish for that to come true :)

Post a Comment