Day 3:- Preschool saga

Argh- this is so tough. This transition is even more tougher than the day care transition- because Aghoo is older. She can comprehend much more and communicate her displeasure quite clearly.

She woke up very cranky today- and said" yarru koopida Asha home?" ( whos taking me to Asha aunty's house?) . I told her that Asha aunty has fever and needs to go to the hospital- so we will go to school. She kept saying " School pikalai ma".. My poor baby. Some how we managed to get her ready - all the time she was crying intermittently that she doesn't want to go to school.I hope this is rock bottom and things look better going forward.

Since she was so cranky, both HD and I decided to go with her to school. HD carried her all the way to school with her crying :(.When we dropped her off in her classroom- she was screaming and thrashing :(.

With a heavy heart, we both came back home. When we called 1.5 hrs later, she seemed ok according to Ms.Lupe ( her classroom teacher).

Tomorrow, they have a water play day- which I know she will love. I hope the teachers love her and she grows to love them as much as she loved her Asha aunty.

Today is Krishna Jayanthi- cant wait to go home and dress up my baby :) I had made kadala maavu urundais in the morning - hope my baby likes it.

Dear Aghoo baby,
Dada and Amma love so much kanna- please stay strong for us. It is heart breaking to see you cry everyday and I am so sorry that you feel scared in the new place. I promise that you will start loving the school and your friends soon kanna. It is a fun place and we know you will settle down soon.

Till then- chin up and tight hugs  :)


1 comments:

MK said...

Oh I was going to ask you about the first day...
my heart goes out to you two ....my heart feels heavy and my eyes are welling up too...
this is a tough situation...but i know Aghoo will be ok ..and soon she will be making friends,having fun and will soon be excited about school..until then,stay strong for Aghoo.
Cheer up girl!!

Post a Comment