Preschool saga

My little itty bitty baby Aghoo started preschool yesterday!! How can she be so grown up?

We have been preparing little Aghoo for almost a month now- making school seem like  a very exciting place to go :) We had taken her to the school a couple of times and she was very excited to see the "fishies"( aquarium)  and the " kutty park" ( play ground) there.

So, on the first day we got up bright and early - she had her favorite breakfast( rice noodles with veggies and cheese).She chose her own outfit for the day and was happy to go.

Both HD and I were  working for from home , since we weren't sure how the day would go.Aghoo talked to her Amma palya/ Daddy thatha and her Appa thatha to get blessings :).

Since the school is literally 5 min away from home, we started walking at 8.25  :):) . Her drop off time is 8.30 ( I know- bad parents rushing her on the first day !!).

She was fine when we walked with her and left her in the classroom. She went to take some new toy and sat down with the other kids for the circle time. HD and I - both very very nervous- waited in the lobby for a bit and were happy that we did not hear any screaming. I made HD go check on her( STUPID MOVE !!)- and Aghoo saw HD and started screaming her head off. I started to cry as well and we had to stay composed outside of the class room.We checked a couple of more times and went home. In order to take my mind off Aghoo and her crying--I started cleaning out the cupboards in the living room and in the laundry room . That kept me busy for almost 1.5 hrs. HD worked out and helped me with some cleaning and when we couldn't bear it anymore--called her school. Her teacher said that she was whimpering on and off- but was ok overall.She ate her snack and was playing outside in the play ground.

We called a couple of  more times- Aghoo had lunch and slept too :) My little resilient baby!
When we could not wait any longer, we picked her up at 4.00 pm. She was sooooooooooo happy to see us. She told us that she " cried a little" and then played. She loved the playground time and apparently saw " planes" :). She also painted- " draw pannen ma - paper la" .

I asked her what she wants to eat- she said " rasa mummum amma".. my poor baby missed sadam for lunch ( school provides food). So I made her rasa mumum and she ate it happily. She also got a new puzzle for first day of school.

Today- second day- she still screamed her head off when I dropped her off. I hope she gets used to the new people soon. God- until then,please be with my baby..


In other news, last friday was Aghoo's half bday- we made a celebration of it, as it was the last day in her beloved Asha aunty's house.She wore a " new new dress" , " new new shoes" which she herself chose in the store and was very happy to cut her cake that Ava made :).

Love you so much my little baby.. hope you love and succeed in your school life :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment